WELCOME TO THE #POSHSKINCO MOVEMENT
1.1 Safety & Warnings
DO NOT USE if you have very dark skin tone (ie, if darker than the skin tone scale below).
Very dark skin can absorb too much light energy from IPL devices, and injure (e.g. burn, discolour or scar) your skin.
DO NOT USE if your skin has been artificially or naturally tanned recently as this may cause extra sensitivity following sun exposure and increase susceptibility to side effects of IPL treatment (e.g., burn, blister, discolour or scar your skin).
AVOID unprotected exposure to direct sunlight after each and every treatment. Your skin could be extra sensitive following IPL treatment and particularly susceptible to sunburn. Use sunscreen (SPF 30+ or greater) or cover the skin.
DO NOT USE directly on the nipples, genital areas or around the anus. These areas may have a darker skin colour and/or greater hair density. Using the device in and too close to these areas may cause discomfort/ pain or injure (burn, discolour or scar) your skin.
DO NOT USE if you have a history of skin cancer or precancerous lesions (e.g. nevi or a large number of moles)
DO NOT USE if you have any of the following, as the IPL device may injure your skin and/or make existing conditions worse. You may experience side effects such as burns, blisters and skin colour changes (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation) or scarring:
- On dark brown or black spots such as birthmarks, moles or warts in the area you wish to treat.
- If you have chronic skin disease (e.g. psoriasis or vitiligo) or damaged skin (e.g. sunburn, cuts, open wounds or active infections) in the areas you wish to treat.
- If you have varicose veins in the area you wish to treat.
- If you have a tattoo or permanent makeup on the area you wish to treat.
- If you are taking any medication for a chronic medical condition. If you have a known sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity) or are taking medication that makes the skin more sensitive and causes photosensitivity, e.g. Retin A, Accutane and/or other topical retinoids.
- Devices should always be kept out of the reach of children under 18 years of age. Children should not use, play with, maintain or clean the device.
The device is not recommended for use on red, grey or very light hair.
The device is not effective on these hair colours due to the lack of darker pigmentation to attract the IPL light energy.
ELECTRICAL AND FIRE SAFETY
As with any electrical device, certain precautions must be taken in order to ensure your safety.
Never try to tamper with or open the device, as this may expose you to dangerous electrical components and to pulsed light energy.
DO NOT USE if the device is damaged; ie, cracked handset, cable damage (internal wires visible), cracked or broken glass on the handset, etc. Internal parts contain electric charges that are hazardous.
DO NOT USE near bathtubs, showers, basins or other vessels containing water. If the device becomes wet, it should not be used.
DO NOT USE if the handset becomes uncomfortably hot to the touch. This may indicate that the device has been damaged.
DO NOT USE a power supply other than the one provided for use.
1.3 Eye Safety
Posh Skin Co IPL devices emit flashes of Intense Pulsed Light. Direct exposure is potentially harmful to your eyes.
Take care to follow the safety precautions below. The handset can only be activated (flashed) if both Skin Tone Sensors (either side of the treatment window) detect a valid skin tone reading.
DO NOT look directly into the treatment window of the handset when the system has electrical power and is switched on DO NOT attempt to activate (flash) the system towards the eye.
ONLY attempt to activate (flash) the system when the front of the handset is in good contact with the area you wish to treat.
We recommend you look away from the handset when activating on your skin. DO NOT treat areas around the eye (eyebrows or eyelashes).
Your Posh Skin Co IPL can be used to treat the upper lip, chin, cheek, jawline and neck. However, it is not recommended for use on the male beard unless a permanent result is desired.
2.1 IPL Details
This product has been designed to be used to treat excess hair, by breaking the cycle of hair growth. Light energy is transferred through the skin’s surface and is absorbed by melanin present in the hair shaft. The absorbed light energy is converted to heat energy (below the surface of the skin), which damages the hair follicle preventing further growth. Treated hairs naturally fall out over the course of a few days to 1-2 weeks.
2.2 Treatment & Expectations
You should not see any significant side effects from treatment (Refer to the section on side effects). In the first few weeks following the initial treatments, you will still see some hairs growing. These are likely to be hairs that were missed during treatment i.e. they were lying dormant and not in their growth phase (Anagen) during treatment; when IPL is most effective.
6 WEEKS INTO THE 12 WEEK PROGRAMME
You should see a reduction in hair growth. However, many hairs may still not have been treated in their growth phase. It is important to continue the weekly treatments.
AFTER THE 12 WEEK PROGRAMME
Immediately after you have completed the 12 week programme you should see a significant reduction in hairs within the treated area. Any remaining hairs should be finer and lighter in colour. Continued monthly treatments, or treatments as required, should keep your skin permanently hair-free.
How To Use
3.1 Select a Test Patch
Before your first treatment on each new body area, we recommend testing your skin (in that area) for any potential reaction. The patch test area should be approximately 3cm x 3cm in size (equivalent to 2-3 flashes applied to the skin side by side)
- Follow the instructions in the ‘Getting Started’ section to prepare the area for patch testing.
- Treat the selected area.
- Wait 24-48 hours following the test to ensure your skin is suitable for treatment and monitor for any adverse reactions to the light energy.
- If there are no reactions after 24-48 hours, you may treat the area around the test area. Do not treat the ‘test area’ again for at least 1 week.
3.2 Getting Started
- PREPARE the area to be treated Ensure you DO NOT wax, epilate or pluck the hair in the treatment area, as this will remove the hair shaft that absorbs the light energy during treatment.
- Before using:
- Remove any visible hair by shaving
- Cleanse the treatment area and pat dry
- POWER ON the device
- Insert the Power Supply into the base of the handset
- Plug the Power Supply into an electrical outlet. The RED Standby/Ready Button will illuminate.
- The device is ready for use when the skin sensors are applied to the skin and the standby light starts flickering.
- If you do not see the light flickering, move the device closer to ensure a firm connection.
Smart Skin Sensors
Posh Skin Co IPL handsets have 2 unique Skin Tone Sensors located either side of the IPL Flash Window. During a treatment, the sensors are continuously active, searching for a connection with valid skin tone. If both the Skin Tone Sensors DO NOT detect a valid skin tone, then the handset will not be able to be activated. It Will only detect the correct Skin Tone when both Skin Tone Sensors (either side of the Treatment Window) are pressed against the skin.
3.3 Power Settings & Controls
Click the power button to select the required intensity level, there are five intensity levels indicated by the blue indicators lights.
The below shows intensity level from low to high power, level 1 is the minimum power setting, level 5 is the maximum power intensity. You can adjust the intensity setting at any time.
Standby Mode: If left on standby, the device will go into standby mode, simply click the power button to activate. When this occurs, the device will default to intensity level 1.
Power Down: Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to shut down.
Cleaning: When finished using, ensure the device and IPL window are cleaned.
Note: After frequent use of the IPL device, there may be a white spot inside the lens, this does not affect the performance of the device and is a normal occurrence.
3.4 Treatment Method - Stamp or Glide
There are two methods for treatment that we recommend - ‘Stamp’ or ‘Glide’
For whichever method you choose the handset must be moved between flashes to ensure the same area is not treated twice. STAMP METHOD This method is recommended for small areas such as the underarm and face. Place the handset on the skin, press & release the activation button. Remove from the skin before carefully re-applying to the next treatment area. GLIDE METHOD This method is recommended for larger areas such as legs. Place the handset on the skin, hold down the activation button (press down continuously), then glide the handset along the skin between flashes. Try to move the handset at a steady speed that gives full coverage without overlap or missed areas
4. Treatment Schedule
For optimal results, as per our recommendations, treatment should be used every week for 12 weeks to ensure all hair follicles are treated consistently over time.
After the initial treatment phase (12 weekly treatments), to maintain results we recommend the device is used once every 2-3 months, or as required.
Visit our website at www.poshskinco.com for further advice and for helpful tips on how to use and get the best from your IPL device.
4.1 Potential Side Effects
Some people may experience slight discomfort (e.g. heat or redness of the skin) during use - this is normal. There may be a sensation of heat and some mild tingling when using the device, followed by redness in the skin.
This type of reaction usually disappears within 24-48 hours. Side effects or reactions are usually immediate or appear within 24 hours and applying a cool compress such as ice packs can aid in reducing irritation.
If you are concerned, please stop using the device and contact your doctor or medical professional for further advice and treatment.
4.2 Technical Details
5. Maintenance & Storage
- After treatment, unplug the power supply from the device and the electrical outlet.
- After use, the Handset, Skin Tone Sensors and Treatment Window can be wiped down with a dry, lint free cloth. Never use water or other cleaning fluids, as these can damage the device and cause a safety hazard.
- To ensure maximum performance of your Posh Skin Co device, it is particularly important to keep the Treatment Window free from dirt, hair or other debris. To aid in the cleaning of this part, the front section is removable from the Handset. Once gently removed, it can be cleaned with a slightly damp cloth. Always ensure the device is completely dry before re-fitting to the Handset.
- Store your IPL handset in a cool, dry place. Make sure that all parts of the device are protected from damage.
- Regularly check the device (including cords) for visible signs of damage. In case of damage or cracks, stop using the device immediately.
We grant a 12 month warranty on the product starting on the date of purchase. Within the warranty period, we will assess claims for faults in materials or workmanship free of charge and replace the complete device, at our discretion.
This warranty extends to every country where this device is supplied by Posh Skin Co. This warranty does not cover damage due to improper use, normal wear or use as well as defects that have a negligible effect on the value or operation of the appliance. The flash bulb is considered a wearable part of the device and is therefore not covered under the warranty. The warranty becomes void if repairs are undertaken by unauthorized persons. To submit a warranty claim, please contact the team via our website at www.poshskinco.com